Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Life in the fast lane... almost 2 years and counting!


Ok, so I still can't sleep.... I'm going to continue my rant of the day.

I have been an avid journal writer since I was in the 9th grade. When I started keeping a journal, I wrote almost every single day up until the end of my mission. After my mission, I let things get in the way and got lazy.... now I'm lucky if I write once every few months. So, this is going to become my new journal of sorts....

Here's an update on what's been going on since Natalie posted that I graduated... She failed to mention that she also graduated in December 2008 with her bachelors degree in Speech Pathology and Communicative disorders. So, we're both college grads :) Since graduating, we've both been working and are applying to graduate school. Natalie hopes to get a masters in speech therapy, and I'm shooting for a master's in healthcare administration...Although there's still a little part of me that wants to dive into med school, but we'll see what the future brings.

While we're figuring out some big things for the future, we've both been working and enjoying not being in school. Natalie was working as a speech pathology aide at Intermountain Medical Center, and recently started a new position as an administrative secretary in the Heart and Lung Clinic at Intermountain medical Center. I've been working at Regence BlueCross BlueShield for almost 3 years now. I'm looking for something a little more challenging and where I can put my degree to use. So, if you know anyone that is looking for a motivated, hard-working college grad, send them my way!!!

We spent the first year and a half of our married life living in our little box of an apartment in Sugarhouse. I could never have survived there without Natalie's creativity and turning that little place into quite a nice home for us newlyweds. We had great times being so close to the shops in Sugarhouse and enjoying being so close to downtown Salt Lake City. We have so many great memories, and I am so glad that was our first place. It was especially fun serving as nursery leaders in our little ward. It will be great to tell our kids how we couldn't walk around our bed because it filled the room, and how we had to get dressed in the living room because our clothes wouldn't fit in the very small bedroom closet. And who could forget the convenience of the bathroom. You could give yourself a bath without even getting off the toilet! :)

To save a little money, In October 2009 we decided to pack up our little apartment and move in with my parents and little brother Darren in Draper. It was fun being so close with family and we couldn't have asked for better landlords than my parents :)

Since then, we decided to leave the nest again and get another apartment in Cottonwood Heights. This place is a PALACE compared to our little apartment in Sugarhouse. We feel like kings with our dishwasher, washer and dryer, and oh yes, even a garbage disposal! Our clothes fit in the closet too!

So, we are having fun. We are excited for the changes coming in our family... my brother Brandon and his wife Loren will be having a baby any time now, Natalie's brothers Matt and Michael are off to serve missions in Brazil in May, and my brother Darren and his bride-to-be Dezi will be getting married in May! We have so much to be thankful for, even with the recent trials with my heath. We are still being blessed in so many ways.

Anyways, You really are a trooper if you made it through this... Thanks for reading! Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. This is all too great, someone else created a blog for me..now someone else will post things for me and I get to sit back and enjoy for now :) Thanks Nate! and Paige!

    ReplyDelete